Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Choice Benefits with Complimentary Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 8:03 am
Original Poster

I have an Amex Centurion personal card and it’s given me platinum status for years but I was trying to check out the choice benefit and it says I’m not qualified.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Or is this correct?
Old May 8, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
For which medallion year (2024 or 2025) are you attempting to select your PM Choice Benefit?

If for the 2025 medallion year, it is likely that your PM CB won't be available until 01 Feb 2025. (All of us DM MQM rollover conversion status-extenders are in the same boat...)
Old May 8, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AB42
I have an Amex Centurion personal card and it’s given me platinum status for years but I was trying to check out the choice benefit and it says I’m not qualified.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Or is this correct?
"American Express Centurion® Members who are enrolled in complimentary Platinum Medallion Status must earn a minimum of $2,500 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) during each calendar year after enrollment to be eligible for Choice Benefits for that Medallion Year."

Have you earned $2500 MQD yet?
dw and PanAmSam like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MM statusholders are also in same boat (if status not earned organically).
Old May 8, 2024, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
"American Express Centurion® Members who are enrolled in complimentary Platinum Medallion Status must earn a minimum of $2,500 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) during each calendar year after enrollment to be eligible for Choice Benefits for that Medallion Year."

Have you earned $2500 MQD yet?
For sure this is it. i have oodles of miles so i just use those 99% of the time when i go on delta.

thanks for that info re $2500 that is definitely it.
Old May 8, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AB42
For sure this is it. i have oodles of miles so i just use those 99% of the time when i go on delta.

thanks for that info re $2500 that is definitely it.
Award tickets earn MQDs (as long as it’s not Basic Economy). $2,500 MQDs would be the equivalent of using 250,000 miles.
Old May 8, 2024, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Award tickets earn MQDs (as long as it’s not Basic Economy). $2,500 MQDs would be the equivalent of using 250,000 miles.
IIRC, to earn MQDs on award tickets, all segments on the ticket must be operated by Delta (or DeltaConnection).
Old May 8, 2024, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC, to earn MQDs on award tickets, all segments on the ticket must be operated by Delta (or DeltaConnection).
This just changed:

Beginning January 1, 2024, SkyMiles Members can earn MQDs on Delta Award Travel tickets operated by Delta partners, in Main Cabin (or equivalent) or above, when booked through any direct Delta channel, with MQDs calculated based on miles redeemed toward the Award Ticket price divided by 100.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by xliioper
MM statusholders are also in same boat (if status not earned organically).
MM status holders do qualify for choice benefits. I have PM next year (through being 2MM - not through flying this year) and can select 2025 platinum CB already.
Old May 9, 2024, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
MM status holders do qualify for choice benefits. I have PM next year (through being 2MM - not through flying this year) and can select 2025 platinum CB already.
You appear to be in the minority. Most FT posters who have described their experience with complimentary status (either from MM status or through using MQM rollover conversion to extend status) indicate that their CB selection is not yet available, with DL stating that the choice will be available February 01, 2025. (There is at least one other FT poster, though, who has had your experience.)
Old May 9, 2024, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
You appear to be in the minority. Most FT posters who have described their experience with complimentary status (either from MM status or through using MQM rollover conversion to extend status) indicate that their CB selection is not yet available, with DL stating that the choice will be available February 01, 2025. (There is at least one other FT poster, though, who has had your experience.)
It seems to be an error to conflate all forms of "complimentary status." The rule for the complimentary status that the OP has is clear, and is stated above. The rules for MQM rollover are also clear:
Note: If you select extended Status, it will go into effect on February 1, 2025. Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion Members may choose their Choice Benefits on February 1, 2025. Members with multiple years of extended status will receive their respective Choice Benefits on February 1 of each Medallion year.
For million milers, the question has been addressed in this thread, where it was reported that there was a "glitch" allowing some members to obtain 2025 Choice Benefits early, and the rest will be able to do so in February.
Million Miler Lifetime Platinum/Diamond & Choice Benefits Question
Old May 11, 2024, 8:50 am

It seems to be an error to conflate all forms of "complimentary status." The rule for the complimentary status that the OP has is clear, and is stated above. The rules for MQM rollover are also clear:

For million milers, the question has been addressed in this thread, where it was reported that there was a "glitch" allowing some members to obtain 2025 Choice Benefits early, and the rest will be able to do so in February.
Million Miler Lifetime Platinum/Diamond & Choice Benefits Question
That would have been very helpful for Delta to publish prior to opening the rollover conversion process. Delta also had spokespersons give contradictory information (as I have linked/documented elsewhere) prior to the conversion process opening, first stating explicitly that status extension via rollover conversion would be considered earned status, and subsequently stating that such status extension would be considered complimentary status.

But all that is irrelevant to OP. In the end, the answer is the same, I think? MM status is complimentary status, which is applied on the first day of the medallion year for which that status is granted - which is therefore the date that CB choices are available.
Old May 11, 2024, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
That would have been very helpful for Delta to publish prior to opening the rollover conversion process. Delta also had spokespersons give contradictory information (as I have linked/documented elsewhere) prior to the conversion process opening, first stating explicitly that status extension via rollover conversion would be considered earned status, and subsequently stating that such status extension would be considered complimentary status.

But all that is irrelevant to OP. In the end, the answer is the same, I think? MM status is complimentary status, which is applied on the first day of the medallion year for which that status is granted - which is therefore the date that CB choices are available.
No, as made clear, your tangent is irrelevant to the OP, who was not asking about MM status, but about status from the Centurion card, which has an explicit answer that is different that I posted several days ago in the third post in this thread, an hour after the thread started, and which the OP has acknowledged.

There is simply not one uniform rule for "complimentary status." It is incorrect to keep suggesting otherwise.
chipbennett and arunhn like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 9:16 am

No, as made clear, your tangent is irrelevant to the OP, who was not asking about MM status, but about status from the Centurion card, which has an explicit answer that is different that I posted several days ago in the third post in this thread, an hour after the thread started, and which the OP has acknowledged.

There is simply not one uniform rule for "complimentary status." It is incorrect to keep suggesting otherwise.
My fault for not going back to read the OP properly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.