Wiki Posts
Search

Craziest TP runs?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Cool Craziest TP runs?

Hey all,

Happy Wednesday! I am trying to make a list of the craziest TP runs people have done. Think of the highest TPs in 1 booking, best TP/£ ratio, or whatever comes to mind. Would love the community sharing what they have seen people do or people configure even if they have not booked it for whatever reason. Thanks!
Old May 8, 2024, 2:30 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Not crazy, but a long time ago I was working in the region and managed to do a few BAH-DOH-BAH trips for 60 points each way. Cannot remember the cost, but is was very good value. And the flight was about 23 mins in the air, so easy to do in an evening.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I know someone who spent (I think) 7 or so days airside bouncing between US East and West coasts to renew GGL.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Back when one still needed 5000 TP for a CCR card, I topped up my points for the year with a LBA LHR HEL LHR OTP LHR IST LHR ABZ LHR HEL LHR MAN in 4 1/2 days
Old May 8, 2024, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks already for these! I think to make it super cool, it would be great if you can also list down the number of TPs earned on the trip(s)
Old May 8, 2024, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Interesting thread, look forward to seeing some FT lunacy/genius

For me:

Fairly pedestrian by FT standards but the silliest so far is NCL-LHR-OTP-LHR-JER-LHR-IST-LHR-ATH-LHR-NCL as a 5 day BA Holiday, 1280 TP = £1.50 per TP including hotels so £1 per TP in normal TP run terms

Upcoming is NCL-LHR-EDI-LHR-DUB DUB-LHR-BOS-LAX-SJC-LAX-BOS-LHR-DUS-MAD MAD-LHR-NCL Two PNRs, 7 days, 1000 TP @ £1.50 per TP total

Also upcoming NCL-LHR-OTP OTP-LHR-OTP OTP-LHR-OTP OTP-LHR-OTP OTP-LHR-OTP OTP-LHR-NCL Wrapper is a 5 day BA holiday, 1120 TP @ £1.60 per TP including hotel so again around £1 per TP in normal TP run terms.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
In 2 days time I'm, doing:-

LHR-JER (positioning)
JER-LHR-AUH (BA holiday), then whilst in AUH....
AUH-CMB-CGK
CGK-CMB-AUH, then...
AUH-CMB-KUL-CGK (UL cancelled so had to route via KUL, losing 60TP unless ORC is generous)
CKG-CMB-DOH-AUH (UL cancelled to extra leg in QR F offering up an extra 60TP)
AUH-LHR (BA holiday)

This will get me over the line to GGL for the first time and due to tier point date changes, will also have me well over halfway to the 3k renewal next year.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:36 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Provided people are comfortable with sharing, can we see some costs for some of the trips posted so far please?
Also for new posts. Many thanks.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Provided people are comfortable with sharing, can we see some costs for some of the trips posted so far please?
Also for new posts. Many thanks.
The trip I just posted breaks down like this:-

JER-LHR-AUH -LHR: £1620 as a BA holiday in W, upgraded to J with a GUF2 and £316 each

Day hotel in AUH:£68

First AUH to CGK run: £780

2 nights in Jakarta: £160

1 night is AUH: £200 but used Amex travel voucher so it exactly covered the cost. Also a fine hotel so can stay until 4pm which is ideal for my next late flight to CGK

Second AUH to CGK run: £780

1 night in Jakarta: £65

Airport hotel in AUH: £50

Positioning flight to JER: £140 including promo upgrade to J

So basically £3k. Bit more if you attribute the full value to my Amex voucher (which would otherwise have expired) or my mates GUF2 which would also have expired.

Earns 1600 tier points so just under the £2 each. Not a huge bargain but I only decided late on to go for th is (basically after we learned of the tier point change) and need to complete for June 8th.
BA or bust and flarmip like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I know someone who spent (I think) 7 or so days airside bouncing between US East and West coasts to renew GGL.
These were in the halcyon days when east to west coast AA flights booked into A class earning 210 TP's. West coast to Panama was always a cheap TP run. In 2016 i did
LAX-PHL-RDU-CLT-MIA-PTY-MIA-CLT-RDU-DCA-JFK-PHX-LAX. Cost was $835 and I think it accrued 1140 TP's.
tmac100, BlackSkyuk and becks1 like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I did 1540TP in 6 days this month. BAH have made this a lot easier. Before that, my record for getting 1500TPs was 9 days with a variety of trips via OSL, HEL and DOH to BKK and SIN.

LHR-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR in J on a BAH double TP with 5 nights in a hotel giving 1120TPs
I nested this with BKK-HND-BKK in F on JAL for a further 420TP.

(I also nested in a day trip to HKG on EK in F, but that didn't earn any TPs of course).

I did once go to Sydney for a day trip on QF F, leaving my desk on Friday evening and back at 08:30 Monday morning. Not so much a TP run, more of a boozy Sunday lunch.
BA or bust and seanp7 like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 5:15 am
Original Poster

How does BAH work? Do you need to book the same hotel for 5 nights or can it be 5 nights in different hotels over different days as long as same trip?
Old May 8, 2024, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by ag92
How does BAH work? Do you need to book the same hotel for 5 nights or can it be 5 nights in different hotels over different days as long as same trip?
Different hotels are perfectly fine
Old May 8, 2024, 6:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
These were in the halcyon days when east to west coast AA flights booked into A class earning 210 TP's. West coast to Panama was always a cheap TP run. In 2016 i did
LAX-PHL-RDU-CLT-MIA-PTY-MIA-CLT-RDU-DCA-JFK-PHX-LAX. Cost was $835 and I think it accrued 1140 TP's.
The PTY run was legendary.

I remember booking one, and the AA agent had to check with her supervisor that the price was correct because it was too cheap.

I did a couple, and my overriding memory was being stuck at Jacksonville Airport for 2 hours while a torrential rain storm dropped in!

M
Old May 8, 2024, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Howard Long
LHR-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR in J on a BAH double TP with 5 nights in a hotel giving 1120TPs
This is my plan exactly , how did you get BA flight numbers on the Qatar metal flights DOH-BKK-DOH please? I presume you called BAH? Please advise
thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.