Wiki Posts
Search

Advance Passenger Information

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Advance Passenger Information

Due to fly GLA/ATL on 11/5. Thought I would be very organised and input my advance passenger info about 3 weeks ago. Last week I had a reminder email from BA saying I needed to complete the info. Mildly irritated I logged in to find that despite completing it most of the information was missing, including contact details. So I completed the details again for both passengers (Single booking) and made I’d received the emails confirming the changes.
This morning I receive yet another email saying if I haven’t input the details 72 hours before travel I may be refused boarding. So I log on and some of them are gone yet again. I called the Gold line who couldn’t have been less helpful. Despite me explaining I had the evidence (emails) the adviser just kept repeating the requirement for the info. I suggested perhaps they could input the details however they are no longer able to do this?
So, I’ve input them again, for the third time and taken screenshots as evidence - I also have another set of email confirmations today.

I’m not confident that they won’t vanish again - does anyone have experience of this and being refused travel? I’m at a loss as to how to resolve this.
Old May 5, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Ignore the email. You can provide the API at check-in at the airport. It is a relatively known issue on BA's end.

You will not be refused travel.
scottish minnie likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This has been reported before and I've not yet established a root cause (it's never happened to me). I know that Chrome "auto-fill" isn't a good thing to use. But here are some ideas from the other threads on this issue

1) Log out of BAEC and enter the booking via the Manage area, using only PNR and surname
2) Use a different browser
3) Try Incognito / In-Private or similar
4) Try using the App version if you are using the browser or vice versa
5) Try on someone else's PC or phone
6) Try using Manage Booking on Royal Air Maroc - top section of the display, alternatively Malaysia
7) If a Known Traveller, try entering API details and saving, then adding Known Traveller later
8) Don't try too hard (you won't be denied flying if you do it at check-in, so long as your ESTA is OK, just along an extra 10 minutes to do this).
Old May 5, 2024, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
thanks both, I’ll just ignore any more emails and see what happens at GLA on Saturday then. our ESTAs are up to date and passports well within date so shouldn’t be anything to cause an issue.
DeathSlam likes this.

Last edited by scottish minnie; May 5, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Old May 5, 2024, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I had a suspicion about the format of the first night hotel in the API, I now keep this short and snappy. Perhaps worth a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.