Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Checking in bags for 2nd leg of journey before 1st leg is flown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH

I am sure there is a definitive answer somewhere but can't find it now. I want to book a positioning flight LHR-MAN. Then to go on a flight the next morning MAN-LHR-XXX. How do I check my hold luggage the night before (at LHR for the LHR-XXX leg of the journey) to travel without baggage (economy) to MAN. Also want to short check on return journey to London and pick up bags on return from MAN. I don't plan to skip the last leg as double tier points needed. I am hoping to make the bookings tonight as the hotel discount component is billed to end tonight.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’d pay a few quid outbound and leave baggage downstairs at T5. Then check them in next morning on your return to LHR.

On return, you may be out of luck asking to short check.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH
The layover the next morning is 1hr 25 minutes. Too short and possibly too risky to come out and try checking in again I think.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
If on your return you intend to do a B2B at MAN you need to have a back up plan is Same Day Change FOC as you’d find a lot of places won’t short check to London on your return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.