Search

140TP B2B destinations in a day?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
140TP B2B destinations in a day?

Hi All,

Following the TLV changes, are there any other 140TP B2B destinations which you can do same-day?

Failing that, what are the next best options for a B2B overnight, where an outbound or return leg are overnight, where you can get a full 8 hour sleeps on one leg, and very competitively priced? I.e. further than Dubai, etc.

Many thanks for your help.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In Club Europe, TLV would be 160 TPs as a B2B, so 80 TPs each leg. It's not something I would recommend.
becks1 and alex67500 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gbj42
Hi All,

Following the TLV changes, are there any other 140TP B2B destinations which you can do same-day?

Failing that, what are the next best options for a B2B overnight, where an outbound or return leg are overnight, where you can get a full 8 hour sleeps on one leg, and very competitively priced? I.e. further than Dubai, etc.

Many thanks for your help.
Do you mean 140tp each way ie 280tp return?

If so: 2,000 mile routes from HEL such as AGP and LIS.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The nearest 140 tp ba destination now are those in the Middle East (DXB, DOH, etc) and the US east coast.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Frequency-wise you could consider JFK although you'll have to go through immigration. Take an early flight out of LHR and get back on an early overnight.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Your best bet might be to do LCY-AMS-LCY-AMS-LCY or similar in Club Europe. AMS is obviously an assured B2B and LCY is good for a short connection because it's inherently fast, so you could have a pretty short (1 hour) turnaround there with good confidence. Or do this from LHR and plan in several hours in the lounge instead.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by flatlander
Your best bet might be to do LCY-AMS-LCY-AMS-LCY or similar in Club Europe. AMS is obviously an assured B2B and LCY is good for a short connection because it's inherently fast, so you could have a pretty short (1 hour) turnaround there with good confidence. Or do this from LHR and plan in several hours in the lounge instead.
You'd be better off with LCY-EDI-LCY-AMS-LCY, I seem to remember there being issues with crediting the same segment twice during the same day.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes if you do the same route on the same day, only one will post, and you will have to retro claim the other.

for example:

1. NCL-LHR
2. LHR-NCL
3. NCL-LHR
4. LHR-MAN

Flight 1, 2, and 4 will post. Flight 3, even tho it’s a different flight number, won’t post and you will have to claim it after. No question you are due the points for 3 of course.
becks1 and alex67500 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:46 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by alex67500
Frequency-wise you could consider JFK although you'll have to go through immigration. Take an early flight out of LHR and get back on an early overnight.
I have done UK-East-Coast and back in a day. It wasn't bad at all because you stay on the same time zone.
But the direct pricing seems to be ridiculous at the moment even 6 months out. £6k. Unless you stay at least overnight.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:49 am

I thought the reduction in TLV TPs didn’t come into effect until the spring?

Regardless, a TLV turn in Club Europe would be a very long day.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles

Regardless, a TLV turn in Club Europe would be a very long day.
And very uncomfortable even if you get Row 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.